Caught in the Act!
Plus: Leonardo DiCaprio gets lots of female attention, Drew Lachey and more
• Was there a love connection? Jessica Simpson, chatting with The Hurt Locker star Jeremy Renner during a cocktail party for his movie at the L.A. home of Madonna‘s manager Guy Oseary. Simspon, who lives next door, arrived with hairdresser Ken Paves. But she spent most of her time with the Oscar nominee. “Jeremy spent the night hitting on Jessica like crazy,” the source says. “They were really flirting up a storm.” Paves encouraged the two and, the source says, “Jessica loved it!” When the party was over, the two exchanged numbers, entering them into their phones.
• Leonardo DiCaprio knew exactly where he wanted to sit during a recent night at Teddy’s inside the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel: At deejay Samantha Ronson‘s table. The actor sported his baseball cap, low over his eyes, and grabbed a seat in between three ladies. The Shutter Island star was handed drinks and acted very chatty as female clubgoers snapped his picture with their camera phones. Also at the nightspot: Shaun White, who celebrated his Olympic victory with a group of friends.
• Drew Lachey stopped into a Cincinnati-area post office with his 3-year-old daughter Isabella. “They bought stamps to put on some letters for her,” says an observer. “He helped her put them on and then they headed out in his black Chevy SUV.”
• James Marsden bought four red velvet cupcakes at Yummy Cupcakes in Burbank, Calif., as well as one mini-cupcake to take home to his wife and daughter.
• Newlyweds Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner were looking quite smitten at a party for her 2010 fine jewelry collection at a Park Avenue penthouse owned by her father. While dad Donald Trump came out to support his daughter, it was Kushner who brought his wife a grapefruit juice and sake cocktail and applauded as she announced she would be serving as an ambassador for GirlUp, a United Nations Foundation campaign to empower girls around the world.
• By DAVID CAPLAN, SHARON COTLIAR, JENNIFER GARCIA, LISA INGRASSIA and LESLEY MESSER