Caught in the Act!
Plus: Joel Madden's burrito fix, Cheryl Burke and more
• Jessica Simpson, getting a jumpstart on her 28th birthday celebration (actual birthday: July 10) at the Key Club in West Hollywood with beau Tony Romo and pal Vivica A. Fox. Simpson got a treat when the NFL star belted out Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'” after his old friends Steel Panther – formerly known as the band Metal Skool, whom Simpson and Romo joined onstage in January – tossed him a mic. And while Romo may not be known for his pipes, he isn’t shy about sharing them. “He sings that one all the time,” the club’s night manager, Mark “Skip” Buccola, told us. Also in the audience: Matt Leinart, who hung in VIP with his friends.
• Call it a mini-Dancing with the Stars reunion –sort of. Both Joey Fatone and Cheryl Burke headed to West Hollywood’s Villa for the lounge’s weekly karaoke night. Burke never sang, but she did cheer on fellow club-goers who took a turn at the mic. Fatone eventually hit the stage, though, reprising the rather salty “F– Her Gently” by Tenacious D, earning cheers and laughs from the crowd.
• A casually dressed Luke Wilson, grabbing coffee with a pretty blonde companion at Café Luxxe on Montana Avenue in Santa Monica. The two strolled down the street before driving off in the actor’s black Dodge Viper.
• In the Windy City for a show with his band Good Charlotte, Joel Madden stopped into a downtown Chicago Chipotle for a bite to eat with two male friends.
• Dressed in a tuxedo, John Legend, dining at San Diego’s Quarter Kitchen inside the Ivy Hotel with a beautiful woman, who wore a floor-length black dress. The two had cocktails in the restaurant –then moved out to the lobby for a little PDA.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, JESSICA HERNDON, LISA INGRASSIA, KIM PEIFFER and KELLY RONDEAU
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.