Caught in the Act!
Plus: Seal takes home six iPhones, Adam Brody and more
• Mary-Kate Olsen, slipping out of the Aurelia Adrian Institut de Beauté in West Hollywood. The day before, she made a not-so-inconspicuous exit as she left Joan’s on Third. After picking up food to-go with a female friend, she faced a sea of paparazzi and hid her face behind her bag, then hopped into the passenger seat of her pal’s black Range Rover.
• Seal, causing a stir as he got his hands on a new Apple iPhone at Los Angeles shopping center The Grove. Actually, make that six iPhones! The singer, smartly dressed in a blue shirt, left the store with six bags in hand – and then delighted shoppers by posing for pictures with his purchases.
• Missy Elliott, dressed in a white tracksuit studded with sparkles, celebrating her 36th birthday with friend Queen Latifah at Southampton nightspot Dune. The rapper, whose birthday was July 1, joked with us about her age (“I’m 21!”) on her way into the club. “I’m going in here to see if it’s crackin’,” Elliott said. Though she had to coax Latifah out of the limo, once inside Dune, she and her entourage –which also included TLC’s Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas – enjoyed birthday cake emblazoned with the message, “Happy birthday to the baddest b—- there is” and a photo of Elliott.
• Adam Brody, getting in the party groove at the belated birthday bash for Fantastic Four star Chris Evans at West Hollywood club Eleven’s Wallop lounge. The former O.C. actor spent a good portion of the evening in the smoking area, even though he wasn’t smoking – but he did enjoy talking to the ladies outside. As for the birthday boy, Evans, who turned 26 on June 13, bounced around while talking to friends during his P.I.N.K. vodka-sponsored bash. Inside, partygoers, including Lauren Conrad, Ryan Cabrera and Brody Jenner, mingled at the bi-level club’s two bars. The party ran until the lights went on at 2 a.m., but there was buzz of an afterparty in the Hollywood Hills.
• In other birthday news, model Petra Nemcova feted her 28th birthday with a recent celebration at the Gramercy Park Hotel’s Rose Bar with Bruce Willis, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. “It was so much fun,” she told us of the soiree while promoting her Happy Hearts Fund charity.
• Patrick Swayze, tearing into “Play That Funky Music” onstage with Prince during the singer’s Saturday concert at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. The celebrity crowd – which included Jessica Simpson, rapper Eve and Elisha Cuthbert – was beside itself as the Dirty Dancing star unveiled his own interesting choreography. (Think: shuffling and some hip swiveling.) As Prince continued to play guitar, smiling, Tyler Perry finished off the tune.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, KIMBERLY LANSING, LESLEY MESSER, JEFFREY SLONIM, AIXA VELEZ, CYNTHIA WANG and JON WARECH