Caught in the Act!
Plus: Jay-Z throws up his spirit fingers, Nicky Hilton and more
• Marcia Cross, perusing the bathing suit section at Bloomingdale’s at Los Angeles’s Century City mall. Looking natural and carrying a selection of suits to try on, new mom Cross (she gave birth to twin girls in February) “was relaxed and low key,” a fellow shopper tells us. The Desperate Housewives star, who told PEOPLE she’s been losing weight with exercise DVDs and at the gym, browsed through each rack.
• Nicky Hilton, dining at West Hollywood eatery Il Sole with her boyfriend David Katzenberg and his family. The couple sat closely together and shared bellini cocktails. Singer Jewel also joined them, catching up with family patriarch (and studio exec) Jeffrey Katzenberg and his wife. Also at the restaurant that night: Rumer Willis, eating with friends before running out the back door.
• Ryan Reynolds, dining nearly incognito – thanks to a well-placed hat – at West Hollywood Italian joint Dominick’s. The actor, with two female friends, took a spot in the back corner of the restaurant’s patio and went almost unnoticed throughout his meal.
• Jay-Z, saying, “What’s up?” to partyers at New York nightspot Butter as the rapper-record mogul arrived with a large entourage (including NBA star LeBron James) and immediately occupied a banquette closest to the deejay booth. And he came protected: At all times Jay-Z was surrounded by at least four bodyguards. For much of the evening, most of the music blaring over Butter’s speakers came from the rapper or girlfriend Beyoncé. According to an onlooker, he especially perked up when her hit “Get Me Bodied” pumped from the speakers. How do we know? Well, Jay-Z brought out his spirit fingers!
• By LISA INGRASSIA, ELIZABETH LEONARD and RACHEL TEITELBAUM