Caught in the Act!
Plus: Britney shops in South Beach, Jessica Simpson and more sightings
• A presumably pensive Paris Hilton, flaunting her reading material – the Bible and self-help guide The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment – while out for an appointment in Los Angeles.
• Britney Spears, trying on clothing at a Guess store in South Beach during her Miami trip (where she performed at Mansion). Nobody disturbed the pop star during her shopping spree – the store was closed so she could browse uninterrupted. According to a source, Spears bought a dress, two pairs of shorts and two T-shirts before leaving through the back door.
• How does the theater community party? With champagne! Kevin Spacey, celebrating A Moon for the Misbegotten costar Eve Best‘s Drama Desk award win (for Outstanding Actress in a Play) with the elated actress at New York nightspot The Plumm. Club owner Noel Ashman sent over a congratulatory bottle of Cristal, and Spacey treated the rest of the evening, buying another four bottles for Best and cast.
• It’s not a visit to New York for Jessica Simpson without a stop by her favorite restaurant: Dos Caminos Soho. The singer dined with her “mane man” – no, not John Mayer – hairstylist pal Ken Paves and two female friends. Sitting in a private booth in the middle of the restaurant, the group shared tacos and chips with guacamole.
• Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, sharing a boisterous group dinner at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. Mary-Kate was joined by beau Max Snow, who sat beside her. According to an onlooker, the lively group talked loudly and the twins passed the time with cocktails and cigarettes, but didn’t eat anything.
• By MARK DAGOSTINO, LESLEY MESSER and DEBI SPRINGER