Caught in the Act!
Plus: Diddy gets a private tour of the Louvre, Michelle Trachtenberg and more
• Gerard Butler played the perfect host at the Vanity Fair and Brioni-hosted “Artists for Peace & Justice” event at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The bash, also co-hosted by Paul Haggis and Precious director Lee Daniels, drew out newly engaged Kristen Bell, who flashed her big sparkler around the room. But Butler was a main attraction too: The Scottish actor, in a dapper suit, was bombarded with adoring women as he settled in to welcome his guests. Still, he got a little shy after being called out for making a $250,000 donation to the organization. Also there: Jon Hamm and girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt, holding hands while sipping cocktails.
• In Paris for Fashion Week, Diddy stopped for lunch at Hotel Costes – then set out for some art appreciation at the Louvre, where he met a tour guide opposite the museum’s pyramid. Diddy strolled through L’arc du Carrousel, a triumphant arch built by Napoleon. After pronouncing the landmark inspiring, the music mogul popped inside the museum for a long guided visit of its galleries.
• Michelle Trachtenberg enjoyed a customized margarita during lunch with girlfriends at Dos Caminos Park in New York. The actress shared guacamole and chicken flautas – and also asked the bartender to add strawberry puree to her drink. (Read about all the stars’ favorite drinks and restaurants.)
• Ethan Hawke and Antoine Fuqua, director of his latest film, Brooklyn s Finest, held court on the patio at Pane E Vino in L.A. During their dinner, a steady flow of well-wishers stopped by to chat up the pair. Just as they were getting ready to leave, Wesley Snipes and his friends joined them at their table and stayed even after they left.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, MARISA LAUDADIO, LESLEY MESSER and PETER MIKELBANK