Plus: George Clooney's Vegas club-hopping, Antonio Banderas and more sightings
• Marie-Antoinette director Sofia Coppola,spending the afternoon – and sharing some lunch – with her 7-month-old daughter Romy in New York’s Tompkins Square Park.
• What’s Tony Soprano doing hanging out with the cops? James Gandolfini, surprising everybody at New York’s SushiSamba during a fundraiser for the NYPD Sergeant’s Association Scholarship Fund. The mob boss was very friendly, posing for photos with the sergeants, drinking beer and nibbling on the restaurant’s signature samba rolls.
• George Clooney, touring all the Palms’ hotspots while in Las Vegas for the Ocean’s Thirteen premiere. The actor met up with costar Brad Pitt at a sky villa in the Fantasy Tower, though Pitt only stayed a short while because, a source tells us, “He had to get back to L.A. to his family.” Next, the group moved to the N9NE Group’s Moon nightclub, but too much commotion – blame eager tourists clamoring for a photo with the star – caused Clooney to leave. But he soldiered on, stopping at the Playboy Club, where he got some special treatment (a private bar) and met up with costar Ellen Barkin – as well some other ladies. Says a guest: “He had [Playboy] Bunnies and blondes all lined up just to say ‘hello.'”
• Anna Kournikova, being honored at the 1,800 person Cedars-Sinai Sports Spectacular gala. Sparkling in a red dress by Dina Bar-El, the former tennis pro sat at a table (supported by an entourage of 5) signing autographs and posing for pictures with the young fans. She also found some time to gossip with her entourage and sip champagne. And she gave us the scoop about her boyfriend, Enrique Iglesias. (Relax, they’re still together!) “He’s great,” she tells us. “He’s a joker – completely. He’s fun, too much fun. That’s why I like it!”
• Antonio Banderas, keeping his cool (hey, that’s what fans are for) while scoping out the French Open from the stands.
• By DARLA ATLAS, MARK DAGOSTINO, JED DREBEN and JENNIFER GARCIA