Caught in the Act!
Plus: Nicole & Keith, Robert Downey Jr. and more
• Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer, looking “besotted with one another” while enjoying a late-night rendezvous with friends – including actor Billy Crudup – at the Chateau Marmont hotel in West Hollywood, a source tells us. Nestled at an outside courtyard table, the two sat close as Mayer talked feverishly with the group and Aniston indulged in one cigarette after another. But their focus was definitely on one another: “John and Jen were giving each other longing looks and were practically sitting on one another,” says the source. After an hour, they left Crudup and company behind and headed home together.
•Vince Vaughn, signing baseballs for young fans in the stands at L.A.’s Dodger Stadium. “Vince was chatting and joking around with them and leaning in close so he could get their names right,” says an onlooker. The actor, who hung out with a male friend, cheered on his hometown team, the Chicago Cubs, as they beat the Dodgers 3-1. Also at the game: Chris O’Donnell, who sat a few rows behind home plate with several of his children, You Don’t Mess with the Zohan star Emmanuelle Chriqui, who threw out the first pitch, and Justine Bateman.
• Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, laughing and whispering into each other’s ears during a screening of Adam Sandler’s Zohan comedy at the Green Hills Cinema in Nashville. Ever the gentleman, the singer picked up snacks – popcorn, soda and water – for him and his expectant wife before the movie started.
• Robert Downey Jr., holding court with his entourage of 10 pals (including comedian Richard Lewis) at Hollywood lounge Green Door. The Iron Man star, dressed casually in jeans and a T-shirt with a suit coat, relaxed with his posse in the secluded Library Room as they waited to see the venue’s new live rock night, Lo Hi Fi. “He was super-friendly to people,” says a fellow reveler. Also making the scene: Prince, who arrived with an entourage of attractive dark-haired women. The night before, the singer celebrated his 50th birthday (on June 7) with a low-key evening at Teddy’s at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Far from a big b-day blowout, he had drinks with a tall brunette companion in a slinky black dress and another couple at a table near the deejay booth.
• Diddy, dancing shoulder to shoulder with R&B singer (and rumored girlfriend) Cassie at a birthday party for rapper Busta Rhymes at New York City club Marquee.
• By EILEEN FINAN, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARY MARGARET, LESLEY MESSER and MICHELLE WARD
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.