Caught in the Act!
Plus: Ashlee's oversized birthday treat, Kellan Lutz and more
• It pays to be a regular! Rihanna took a break from talking up her new album, Loud and checking out Fashion Week, for a meal with beau Matt Kemp at Findi, one of her favorite Paris spots. When they arrived, the couple discovered the below-ground Italian restaurant was closed for a private function. No matter, though: Management arranged a private corner table for the two, who ate and then ducked out to a Miu Miu party.
• Ashlee Simpson-Wentz had a sweet 26th birthday celebration thanks to Crumbs bakery. The starlet celebrated with hubby Pete Wentz and friends at L.A.’s Soho House – and a colossal red velvet cupcake.
• Kellan Lutz was having a mellow night at Premiere, an L.A. nightclub. The actor and his friends mostly hung around the bar, where he was happy to people-watch, beer in hand, thanks to his perfect bird’s-eye view of the club. Among the other revelers likely in his view: Avril Lavigne and boyfriend Brody Jenner, who weren’t shy at all about putting their hands all over each other and getting very affectionate, even though the singer’s ex-husband Deryck Whibley was nearby.
• Olympian Shaun White was rocking out at the Slash concert at L.A.’s House of Blues, where he took in the show from the VIP balcony section. White, who sported a new moustache, also popped out briefly to grab a drink at the bar, where he chatted with fans and posed for pictures in between sets by Juke Kartel and the famed guitarist.
• By JENNIFER GARICA, PETER MIKELBANK and JESSICA WEDEMEYER