Caught in the Act!
Plus: Anne Hathaway and Penélope Cruz meet over dinner, Matt Damon and more
• Matthew McConaughey, cheering on Mishka from the VIP section of L.A.’s Roxy. The actor, who recently signed the reggae artist to his new label j.k. livin, sported a black leather jacket, jeans and a toothpick tucked behind his ear. And he knew the words to all the songs, singing along while buddy Cole Hauser danced and girlfriend Camila Alves swayed to the music nearby. While he was grooving all night, it wasn’t until Mishka played a cover of “All Along the Watchtower” that McConaughey really let loose – pumping his fist and cheering.
•Madonna, taking a girls’ night out with pal Debi Mazar (and two other friends) at the Sunset Tower Hotel in L.A. On the other side of the restaurant, Lily Allen shared a bite with a guy. “Lily looked like she was on a dinner date,” an onlooker said. “And she seemed to be having a great time.” So good, it seems, she didn’t even notice Madonna in the room. “None of the celebrities interacted with each other,” the onlooker says, “as everyone seemed to be doing their own thing.”
• The next night, Jennifer Aniston and pregnant pal Jennifer Meyer shared salads and water in a corner booth at the Sunset Tower Hotel. The two were engaged in very animated chatter and split the bill. Also dining with a girlfriend there: Anne Hathaway, who ate fish and a salad, along with a glass of white wine. The Rachel Getting Married star was also greeted with a hug by fellow Oscar nominee Penélope Cruz, who made a beeline for Hathaway’s table before joining her friends for dinner nearby.
• Matt Damon, hanging out with friends and eating some sushi at Nobu Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. “After dinner he spent about an hour at the front bar with a group of friends before disappearing into a private area of the Atlantis casino,” says a source.
• On vacation at the Delano hotel in South Beach, Queen Latifah “lounged poolside and was buying guests drinks,” a source tells us. The actress, who told guests Miami was like her “second home,” also dined at Red, the Steakhouse during her relaxing getaway.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, DAVID CAPLAN, JENNIFER GARCIA, JESSICA HERNDON and AMY ELISA KEITH
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.