Caught in the Act!
Plus: Avril & Deryck whisper the night away in L.A., Kristen Bell and more
• Kristin Cavallari, getting back out into the public eye – perhaps in preparation for her buzzed about stint on The Hills? – and heading for lunch at West Hollywood eatery Café Med in West Hollywood.
• Marisa Tomei, enjoying a low-key dinner at Mozza in Los Angeles with a male friend. Sitting by the mozzarella bar – and sporting a shawl and jeans – an onlooker tells us that the actress and her pal seemed really relaxed, but not “date-y.” Adds the onlooker: “Before she left, she stopped by to say ‘hello’ to a friend eating at a nearby table. She blew them a kiss – it was cute.”
• Avril Lavigne, whispering with hubby Deryck Whibley during a night out at West Hollywood hotspot Villa. The pair sat alone, enjoying each other’s company and their mixed drinks. But when some blonde female friends arrived, the pair moved to join their table – and really get the party started.
• Hours before Eddie Murphy got married on New Year’s Day, ex-Nicole Murphy toasted 2008 with her beau, New York Giants player Michael Strahan at The Plumm in New York. The pair danced on top of a speaker and requested song after song from deejay Macy Gray.
• By AMY ELISA KEITH, MARY MARGARET and LESLEY MESSER