Caught in the Act!
• Lindsay Lohan, heading straight for Stavros Niarchos’s table at Teddy’s at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel when she arrived at the club at around 12:15 a.m. Though the actress made the rounds at the venue – dancing, spending some time in the deejay booth – her attention was clearly fixed on Paris Hilton’s on-again-off-again beau, who was seen kissing the hotel heiress just days earlier at the Chateau Marmont hotel. Mary-Kate Olsen, who once dated Niarchos, also made the scene with friends but did not interact with him. At the evening’s end, Lohan and Niarchos, who were once romantically linked, left the hot spot together. Hmmm …
• New mom Marcia Cross, sipping an iced coffee drink and chatting animatedly with a female pal at Peet’s Coffee & Tea in Brentwood, Calif. The Desperate Housewives star sat in a corner of the shop and left through the back entrance.
• Kirsten Dunst, grinning “like a maniac” at new man Johnny Borrell as she watched the British singer’s band Razorlight headline the Voices of Slavery charity concert at London’s The Forum. “She was standing to the right of the stage and jumping and clapping her hands and smiling. She also sung along to the tracks,” a fellow concertgoer tells us. The actress has been trotting all over the globe with Borrell: Last week, she was spotted riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle with him while in Austin, Texas, for the South by Southwest Music Festival.
• Shaquille O’Neal, partying at a belated 35th birthday bash (his actual b-day was March 6) at the Seminole Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood, Fla. The Hard Rock Live arena was transformed into a white and silvery oasis of chandeliers, white shag throw rugs, white leather couches and open bars throughout the room. And the Miami Heat center was surprised with a guest performance by Ludacris, who shouted to the pumped-up crowd, “Let’s get arrested for disturbing the peace!” During the evening, O’Neal’s wife presented him with a cake covered in sparklers, followed by a fireworks show blasting from the back of the stage – prompting the basketball star to duck and joke, “I’m glad Michael Jackson wasn’t here – he’d have caught on fire for sure.” Also helping the b-ball star celebrate: Star Jones and her husband Al Reynolds.
• Cameron Diaz, feasting heartily on arugula salad, a caprese sandwich (tomatoes, mozzarella and basil) and spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce while lunching with a female friend at Mauro Café at the Fred Segal store in West Hollywood. As the ladies were finishing their meal, Grey’s Anatomy star Eric Dane – a regular at the eatery – dropped in for lunch with four male pals.
• By BRYAN ALEXANDER, MAUREEN HARRINGTON, SIMON PERRY and DEBI SPRINGER