Plus: Justin goes clubbing, Cameron celebrates SNL and Miley Cyrus turns hipster
• John Mayer and Friday Night Lights star Minka Kelly, holding shopping bags – and hands! – as they left a bookstore in Santa Monica. The pair also stopped by Circuit City before hitting the town with stops at Sofitel LA, Whiskey Bar and dinner at Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi.
• Justin Timberlake, escorted by two bodyguards as he held court at a VIP table at Opera in Los Angeles. The singer, dressed in a dark, short-sleeved collared shirt with tie, jeans, a black leather jacket, and white Adidas tennis shoes, danced to Jay-Z‘s “My 1st Song” in between visits from Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo, Ne-Yo and fellow N’ Sync-er Joey Fatone, while mostly ignoring the women who clamored around his table trying for a chance to say hello.
• Sting and wife Trudie Styler, slipping out the back door of the Place Vendome Hyatt Hotel to indulge in the latest craze in Paris: pedaling around on VelLib, the city’s new rent-and-ride bicycle system. Only hours after Sting’s second sold-out concert before 80,000 fans the Stade de France in Paris, the couple were able to out-pedal the paparazzi as they rode towards the city’s famed Opéra Garnier.
• Nicky Hilton, in a white tank top and a leather jacket, getting a kiss on the cheek from boyfriend David Katzenberg and whispering into his ear while partying at a table at Les Deux. British singer James Blunt eventually joined the couple while teen heartthrob Jesse McCartney hung out with a young blonde woman at another table.
• A casual Cameron Diaz, celebrating the return of Saturday Night Live after the show’s season premiere at Primehouse New York in Manhattan along with the season opener’s host LeBron James, John Krasinski, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler, Chris Rock, Bradley Cooper and Diaz’s What Happens in Vegas… costar Ashton Kutcher. Diaz was “very bubbly,” a source tells us, and was one of the last to leave the steakhouse.
• Miley Cyrus, showing off her hipster side, attending the Neighborhood Festival in Exposition Park in Los Angeles. The Hannah Montana star checked out sets by musical acts like Spank Rock, Flosstradamus, Chromeo, Kid Sister, Crystal Castles and DJ AM.
• By ABBY STERN, JENNIFER GARCIA, PETER MIKELBANK, LESLEY MESSER and JESSICA HERNDON