Caught in the Act!
Plus: Fergie makes a fan's birthday complete
• Claire Danes, lunching outdoors with actor boyfriend Hugh Dancy at Italian restaurant Bar Pitti in New York City’s West Village. “Our relationship is still new,” Danes told us at a recent cocktail party to kick off nonprofit Safe Horizon’s Champion Awards Luncheon next month. “I think we just happened upon each other because we were friends.” What does the couple, who met on the set of the drama Evening, do for fun? “We like to stay in,” she said, as well as make weekly visits to Big Apple soul-food eatery The Pink Tea Cup. “(It’s) his favorite restaurant.”
• Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jay-Z, holding court at a table near the deejay booth at New York City club Butter. The hip-hop stars were a low-key presence for much of the evening, but when the deejay began spinning Diddy’s song “Come to Me,” the rapper bobbed his head to the beat. The pals finally left the club together at around 2:30 a.m.
• Fergie, posing for pictures with and wishing “Happy Birthday” to a fellow diner celebrating his 18th at West Hollywood restaurant Blowfish Sushi to Die For. “She was really sweet. It literally made his whole night,” an onlooker tells us about the singer, who was having a late-night meal with friends in the private dining room.
• Dancing With the Stars celebs Joey Fatone, Heather Mills, Ian Ziering and Cheryl Burke as well as her boyfriend Matthew Lawrence, partying at Hollywood hot spot Parc. The group sipped on flutes of rose champagne and – what else? – danced the night away. And an affectionate Burke and Lawrence kissed and held hands.
• Mandy Moore, comforting a male companion who accidentally spilled a glass of red wine on her sweater and green alligator bag while dining at New York City eatery Nobu. The singer-actress laughed it up over black cod with miso and rock shrimp at the trendy Japanese restaurant. Also making the Nobu scene: Nick Cannon, who cuddled at a corner table with his girlfriend, Victoria’s Secret modelSelita Ebanks.
• By BRYAN ALEXANDER, TIFFANY HOPKINS and HAIWEN LU