Caught in the Act!
Plus: Chris Pine's guys' night out, Kim Kardashian and more
• After a whirlwind week promoting his new movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Jake Gyllenhaal was in the mood to kick back. The actor started his weekend with a big night out at L.A.’s Trousdale Lounge, where he sat in the back room sipping vodka along with a large group of friends. Later, he was spotted at Lamill Coffee Boutique in Silver Lake twice – first for a steak and eggs brunch with a couple and their little girl, then again for a Memorial Day breakfast after riding his motorcycle. During the brunch, the actor “seemed to enjoy playing with the couple’s daughter,” an onlooker says.
• Chris Pine headed to new Hollywood hotspot The Colony with a posse of guys. The actor arrived at 1 a.m. and headed immediately for an outdoor bar near the entrance, ordering drinks and clinking glasses together. Dressed down in a sweater, jeans and newsboy cap, nobody recognized Pine or bothered him all night long. Though he was definitely having a guys’ night out, the actor did chat up two girls, but then moved inside to watch Cypress Hill perform.
• Kim Kardashian, hanging out with friends in her own private VIP cabana at the Pool After Dark at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City. Despite the massive crowd taking photos, it was a pretty quiet night for the reality star, who drank water and hung out for an hour.
• Meanwhile, in Las Vegas, Paris Hilton was relaxing in a bungalow at the Encore Beach Club, where the heiress arrived with two friends. Soon she was circling the pool, taking pictures with fans. Later that night, Hilton took in R&B singer Ne-Yo‘s performance at Surrender Nightclub – and he pulled her on stage to dance to his hit “Miss Independent.”
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARK GRAY and CARLOS GREER