Caught in the Act!
Plus: Gerard Butler shuts down the CAA bash, Ed Westwick, Lauren Conrad and more
• Golden Globes weekend got off to a starry start at the Buffalo Club in Santa Monica, Calif., where Creative Artists Agency held a private party on the restaurant’s garden patio. Jake Gyllenhaal chatted up Jennifer Aniston, and despite his recent breakup, the actor “was in a great mood,” a party guest tells us. But the actor spent most of his time talking to his sister Maggie and Peter Sarsgaard. Meanwhile, the 200 guests nibbled on hors d’oeuvres like oysters and Ahi tuna carpaccio on the patio, which was decked out with lanterns and candles. “The patio was absolutely packed and the atmosphere was very glamorous and fun,” says a source. “Wherever you turned, you would bump into a big movie star.”
• One such star, Gerard Butler, was the first big celeb guest to arrive at the CAA party (at 8 p.m.) – and he also was among the last to leave. “Gerard closed the party past 2 a.m.,” a source tells us. “He was very nice and thanked the restaurant for a great time.” Butler also chatted up his Bounty Hunter costar Aniston, whom a source describes as a “social butterfly” who mingled with all the guests.
• At the InStyle/Warner Brothers post-Globes bash at the Beverly Hilton, Heidi Klum enjoyed a sweet end to the evening with hubby Seal. The two nibbled on Godiva chocolate, with the Project Runway host grabbing some chocolate macaroons while her husband ate the dark chocolate almond bark. Also having a sweet time at the party: Matt Damon and wife Luciana.
• After the Art of Elysium benefit, Gossip Girl‘s resident bad boy Ed Westwick stopped into Teddy’s inside the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel – but he may have been partied out. Westwick, who sported a leather jacket, took a lap around the club and then left after about two minutes. But Lauren Conrad was enjoying her night out there with beau Kyle Howard and Lauren "Lo" Bosworth. The former Hills star was in the mood to dance – and she got down to classics like Aretha Franklin’s “Respect.” After an exuberant dance party, the group retreated to a back table where they enjoyed the rest of their night.
• Showtime hosted a dinner at Cecconi’s Restaurant in L.A., which drew out the stars of their shows, like Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie), best actress in a comedy series winner Toni Collette (United States of Tara) and David Duchovny (Californication). Producers and actors chatted by the bar, sipped champagne and drinks and shared hors d’oeuvres including steak tartare and mini Kobe burgers.
• They weren’t Golden Globe nominees – but the cast of the Jersey Shore sure invaded L.A. for the big weekend! Castmates Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola were spotted fist-pumping at West Hollywood’s nightspot Coco de Ville’s Friday night party. Right across the way, James Blunt hung out with a group of friends, while Jersey Shore fan Andy Milonakis took pictures with the cast and posted them on his Twitter, then grabbed the deejay’s microphone and started free-styling about his love for the show.
• By HOWARD BREUER, DAVID CAPLAN, PERNILLA CEDENHEIM and JENNIFER GARCIA