Caught in the Act!
Plus: Reese Witherspoon's romantic beach party, Lindsay Lohan parties with pals and more
• They’re still going strong! Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez shared a date night at rock ‘n’ roll musical Rock of Ages on Broadway. The couple had front row seats at the Brooks Atkinson Theater. According to a source, the “crowd went wild when A-Rod walked in just as the show was starting.” The two also went backstage and posed for pictures with the cast.
• Taking a break from filming Water for Elephants with Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon spent the Fourth of July on the beach in Malibu, Calif., with steady beau Jim Toth and kids Ava and Deacon. Also joining the party: Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. “Reese and Jim acted very loving towards each other,” an eyewitness tells us, adding, “Jim looked very comfortable around Reese’s friends and they all seemed to love him.”
• Lindsay Lohan celebrated her 24th birthday with 30 friends at The Colony, a new Hollywood nightspot. While her friends sipped Belvedere vodka, the SCRAM-wearing starlet drank sugar-free Red Bull and smoked cigarettes.
• Kelly Clarkson, catching up with girlfriends over sushi at Katsuya Glendale. The singer sported jeans and a baseball cap, and dined on rock shrimp, baked crab hand rolls and some watermelon cucumber mojitos.
• New couple alert? Reggie Bush and Amber Rose, who dated Kanye West, partied at Axe Lounge in Southampton, N.Y. “They danced together and kept a conversation going over the loud music,” an onlooker tells us. The next night, the two got close again, with Bush holding Rose’s hips as they swayed to the music.
• By PERNILLA CEDENHEIM, JENNIFER GARCIA and LESLEY MESSER