Caught in the Act!
Plus: Avril snaps into party mode (and smiles!), Ivanka Trump and more sightings
• Charlize Theron, managing a full cart of groceries after stocking up at Whole Foods in West Hollywood. Going incognito in oversized shades and a hat, the actress was sending one clear, charitable message with her outfit: She sported an Project Red T-shirt, a charity that raises money to fight AIDS in Africa.
• Ivanka Trump, supping early at New York eatery Sapa with young media mogul pal Jared Kushner. The pair took a private table in the back of the French-Asian restaurant. She sipped on the signature Cosmojito while he ordered a Johnny Walker Black, and the two shared Coriander Crusted Ahi Tuna and a Soy Ginger Steamed Fish with tempura broccoli and sautéed greens. “She looked amazing,” says an observer, specifically noting her Japanese-style minidress.
• Matthew Broderick, getting treated to dinner and drinks at Chicago restaurant Le Colonial. The actor sipped a Grey Goose Martini and some wine, and ate monkfish for dinner at the bar. At the end of his meal, Broderick put some money on the bar, but three guys (whom he met earlier in the evening) pushed it away and insisted on paying.
• Avril Lavigne, feting the opening of Crimson, a new Hollywood nightspot. The singer opted for a husband-free night, instead hitting up the club with her brother and a group of girlfriends. And she was in a good mood, smiling all night, according to an onlooker. At one point Avril even got so rowdy, she hopped up out of her seat, jumped on one girlfriend and playfully gave her a sexy lap dance. Also partying at the hot spot: Jamie Lynn Sigler, Zooey Deschanel and Shane West.
• Dane Cook and the Pussycat Dolls’ Nicole Scherzinger, engaging in deep conversation over dinner at Luna Park in Los Angeles. The pair munched on tuna, salmon and Milanese chicken. But was it a date? “They didn’t appear romantic, exactly,” an onlooker tells us. “It seemed as if they’ve known each other for a while and were close friends.”
• No, he wasn’t doing a choreographed routine, but former Dancing with the Stars contestant John Ratzenberger was sure light on his feet as he sauntered across the marble floor of Los Angeles’s Federal Building. The silver-haired star even charmed a stone-faced security guard, and the two chatted it up and shook hands.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARY MARGARET, LESLEY MESSER and AARON PARSLEY