Caught in the Act!
Plus: Jay-Z & Beyoncé love crab cakes, Audrina Patridge and more
• She’s in Chicago to tape an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey show, but Jessica Simpson still found time to enjoy a meal out on the town with “mane man” Ken Paves and three other pals. The singer grabbed dinner in the upstairs lounge at Le Colonial in the Windy City’s Gold Coast neighborhood. While the group shared small appetizers and drank saketinis, Simpson sipped scotch on the rocks with her meal. When it was time to go, Paves picked up the check and left a generous tip.
• Also enjoying a delicious meal: Beyoncé and husband Jay-Z. The two were in Houston, where they stopped by award-winning eatery Reef after the rapper’s concert. Before leaving, Jay-Z shook chef Bryan Cawell’s hand, pumped his fist and praised the restaurant’s crab cakes.
• Audrina Patridge took a break from hanging out with new beau Ryan Cabrera at L.A.’s Red Rock Bar and Grill for a little shopping. And she was picking out clothes she thought her boyfriend would like, a source says. The Hills star walked across the street to Live! On Sunset, where she bought a pink miniskirt, a blazer and two Superdry shirts.
• Courtney Love gave an impromptu performance at the Alice in Wonderland-themed bash celebrating Temperley’s diffusion line, ALICE by Temperley, at Selfridges on the final day of London Fashion Week. “Courtney just took to the stage and starting singing,” an onlooker tells us. “It was crazy!” said one onlooker. After singing two songs, which were a bit inaudible, the singer hung around for another 30 minutes with a male friend.
• Guess she’s good at video games! Stacy Keibler, outshone her male counterparts at the EA Battlefield Celebrity Challenge at Mi6 in West Hollywood, making it to the last round of the event with her team. The former pro-wrestler was happy to exchange trash-talk with opponents like Greg Grunberg, though everyone shook hands and shared a good laugh in the end.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, MONIQUE JESSEN and HEATHER STAIBLE