Plus: Justin's tequila bash, Rihanna's girls' night and more
• Nicole Richie, going on a toy shopping spree with 17-month-old daughter Harlow at Acorn in Santa Monica. “Harlow was so adorable and excited about playing in the store,” says an eyewitness. While the tot was busy hugging stuffed animals, the expectant mom was on the lookout for educational toys. “Nicole was amazing with Harlow and very soft-spoken and attentive,” says the shopper. The pair left with several toys, including a magnetic tabletop easel, a doll house, and a bassinet for Harlow’s doll. Later, she even Tweeted about her score, saying, “I know Joel Madden is going to make fun of me, but I found the BEST toy store today!”
• Rihanna, stepping out for a girls’ night out at New York City lounge Mr. West. The singer – who just two days before attended the same NBA Finals game as on-again-off-again beau Chris Brown – arrived with a group of girlfriends around 1 a.m. and stayed past 4 a.m., dancing and requesting songs from the deejay. She was in a great mood, says an eyewitness.
• Chace Crawford, partying at a birthday bash for talent manager Eric Podwall at L.A. club Jane’s House. The Gossip Girl star – who wore a black blazer with a gray T-shirt underneath – held court at a back table but also bounced around the club talking to partygoers. At one point, he had a lengthy chat with fellow CW star Chad Michael Murray. And while waiting on line for the VIP bathroom, the future Footloose star even busted out some dance moves when Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” started playing. Also making the scene: Lauren Conrad and boyfriend Kyle Howard, Jamie-Lynn Sigler and beau Jerry Ferrara, Amanda Bynes and Leona Lewis.
• Hugh Jackman, picking up takeout at West Hollywood eatery Talesai. “He came in looking casual, but elegant at the same time,” an onlooker tells us. “He was wearing a dress hat, and he seemed really happy. You just got the sense that it was date night for the Jackmans.”
• Justin Timberlake, celebrating the launch of his brand of tequila, 901, at New York City hot spot Tenjune. Wearing a fedora and thick black-framed glasses, the singer hung out with a group of guys at a VIP table near the deejay booth and sipped on several specialty 901 cocktails. Later in the evening, he did shots and gave a shout-out thanking everyone for coming, including his mom, Lynn, who traveled from Tennessee for the bash.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, DAVID CAPLAN, PERNILLA CEDENHEIM, MARK DAGOSTINO and JENNIFER GARCIA
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.