Caught in the Act!
Plus: America Ferrera's wet-shoe problem, Victoria Beckham and more sightings
• In Berlin to promote The Bourne Ultimatum,Matt Damon took time off to eat at the city’s trendy Italian restaurant Bocca di Bacco with his wife Luciana and their children – and then he ran into Tom Cruise! The A-listers “greeted each other” before returning to their respective meals – Damon, downstairs with his family, and Cruise, upstairs having a business meeting before catching up with Katie Holmes for dinner.
• Victoria Beckham, continuing her tour of child-friendly L.A. hot spots with a visit to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, Calif. Dressed in black, Posh – plus some bodyguards – checked out the life aquatic with her three children, Brooklyn, 8, Romeo, 5, and Cruz, 2. When it was time to go, Beckham and her brood left out the side gate in the outdoor exhibit tank area – not through the front door. All the better to avoid the paparazzi!
• Stavros Niarchos and Frankie Delgado, helping pal Brody Jenner celebrate his 24th birthday at Hollywood hot spot Crimson. Holding court at a VIP table, the guys stood up to check out the crowd – which included lots of women who continually approached their table. Despite his cast, Jenner used his good hand hold a glass of champagne. And as the night wore on, the Birthday Boy and his pals got more affectionate – and social – with their party guests, swapping numbers and, yes, kisses.
• Rapper Talib Kweli, hosting a bash to celebrate his new album Ear Drum at ONE Sunset. The musician hung out in his VIP booth, singing along to all the songs (especially his own) as ?uestlove (from the Roots) deejayed for the crowd. Later, Black Eyed Pea will.i.am showed up, circling the room before settling near the deejay booth.
• Ugly Betty star America Ferrera, facing a fashion crisis – sopping wet shoes! – during the season 1 DVD release shindig at Skybar in Los Angeles’s Mondrian Hotel. Posing for pictures with her castmates by the pool, Ferrera struggled to keep her Christian Louboutin heels dry. And she didn’t get any sympathy from Christopher Gorham (her onscreen love interest, Henry), who teased, “Oh no, what about my sneakers?” as everybody laughed. Gorham and his wife Anel weren’t the only happy couple on-hand: Ferrera and her beau Ryan Piers Williams caught up with the newly marriedRebecca Romijn and Jerry O’Connell while Ana Ortiz spent the evening holding hands with her hubby Noah Lebenzon. Meanwhile, Mark Indelicato had his own fun, stopping a waitress dressed up as Betty in her bug Halloween costume to gush over how cute she looked.
• By KAREN NICKEL ANHALT, CARRIE BELL, JESSICA HERNDON and MARY MARGARET