Caught in the Act!
Plus: Lindsay gifts cupcakes and jewelry for the holidays, Britney Spears and more
• Shia LaBeouf and his Golden Globe-nominated girlfriend, Brit Carey Mulligan, have been sightseeing in Los Angeles together … by bus! The two were spotted smooching at a local bus stop by the actor’s Sherman Oaks house – and an eyewitness tells us, “Shia has been taking Carey to all of his favorite spots.” Among their stops: Lunch at Mexican restaurant Baja Fresh followed by a visit to Borders. “They are a very sweet couple,” the eyewitness says. “They browsed several books and would not let go of each other’s hands.” The two left with a “make your own volcano kit” and finished their afternoon with a movie at the Arclight before strolling home in the dark.
• Lindsay Lohan hosted a holiday lunch for all the people who worked on her 6126 Collection leggings line. The starlet brought the group of 18 cupcakes and also gave everyone Lia Sophia jewelry. (Lohan also donated to the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.) “She was in great spirits and was really excited about the holidays,” a guest says, adding that Lohan ate lunch but skipped dessert.
• Britney Spears took her sons Preston and Jayden to dinner at Asia de Cuba inside West Hollywood’s Mondrian Hotel along with her boyfriend Jason Trawick. The group sat in a corner booth, taking in the city views with their meal. “The boys behaved like angels,” an onlooker says. “They went virtually unnoticed and had a nice quiet meal.” Days later, Spears was spotted at the hotel again, this time to pamper herself with some spa treatments.
• Jennifer Lopez went holiday shopping at Beverly Hills’s Alice + Olivia boutique, where the singer-actress picked out some cashmere sweaters, leggings and party dresses.
• Also shopping: Mel Gibson, who bought a $295 pair of Gucci sunglasses at the Solstice sunglasses store in Camarillo, Calif. The actor was “very friendly,” a source says, as he browsed with his son. Though the source says “[Gibson] seemed like he wanted to be in and out,” he did try out multiple pairs of shades before making his decision.
• By DAVID CAPLAN, PERNILLA CEDENHEIM, ANDREA DESIMONE and JENNIFER GARCIA