Caught in the Act!
Plus: Natalie Portman loves indie rock, Amy Winehouse and more
• Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford, hitting up New York nightspot Butter without a certain someone. While many in the club wondered if his friend Carrie Underwood would show up, the young star, sporting a suit and skinny black tie, instead spent his evening hanging out with a different blonde. Across the way, Butter regular Diddy kept a low profile, then chatted it up with another Butter regular, Jay-Z. The hip-hop moguls seemed to enjoy the mix of music (which was, conveniently, heavy on Jay-Z hits).
• Natalie Portman, rocking out at the Band of Thieves concert at New York’s St. Marks Church with a cute male friend in tow. Says an onlooker: “It looked like they were just roaming around the East Village and wanted to pop in and hear some new music.” Added the onlooker, “She seemed relaxed and in the mood to let loose, with her little head bopping around!”
• Weeds star Mary-Louise Parker, working out with a trainer at Equinox in New York. They were doing weight training and work with a yoga ball. According to an onlooker, the actress “looked stunning – even in her gym clothes and no makeup.”
• Former O.C. star Benjamin McKenzie, sampling some of Paula Deen‘s home cooking at her Savannah, Ga. eatery, Lady and Sons, while in town for the Savannah Film Festival. His favorite dish? “The macaroni and cheese was really great,” the actor told us.
• As her beleaguered European tour rolls on, Amy Winehouse took a pre-concert cruise around the tattoo parlors of Paris’s Pigalle neighborhood with hubby Blake Fielder-Civil. The couple gawked at the Moulin Rouge cabaret and shared a kiss before making a stop at the L’Académie des Billiards – the city’s most distinguished pool hall.
• By K.C. BAKER, PETER MIKELBANK, ALYSSA SHELASKY and RACHEL TEITELBAUM