Caught in the Act!
Plus: Jay-Z's Southern hospitality, Celine Dion and more
• Back from their Mexican getaway with Jennifer Aniston, gal pals Courteney Cox Arquette and Sheryl Crow caught up over lunch at organic eatery Akasha in Culver City, Calif. Arriving in jeans and T-shirts, the breezy duo ordered salads and fresh-squeezed juices, and spent an hour chatting and giggling before leaving on foot.
• Staying at Dallas’s Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek last weekend for the NBA All-Star Game, Jay-Z impressed staffers and guests alike with his charm. On his way out of the hotel, the rapper stopped to chat with two starstruck young fans, and presented several employees with their own tickets to the game. Also at Rosewood Mansion: Mary J. Blige and Spike Lee.
• Following the Miami premiere of her documentary Céline: Through the Eyes of the World Tuesday night, Céline Dion and husband Réne Angélil enjoyed a romantic Italian dinner for two at DiVito restaurant in South Beach. “They looked happy and snuggly and were talking nonstop,” says a source.
• Continuing to fuel the are-they-or-aren’t-they rumors, Twilight hunk Kellan Lutz and 90210 star AnnaLynne McCord got extra cozy at N.Y.C. hotspot Avenue. Arriving around 1 a.m., the duo danced together all night and even made out at the bar. An onlooker says McCord was “very polite and friendly with everyone.”
• Preparing for a concert at Miami’s Eden Roc Hotel recently, Wyclef Jean got word that the cast of The Hills would be filming inside the venue at the same time. The singer declined to sign a waiver allowing his performance to be filmed (though he said he’d “do it for a show like Jersey Shore,” says a bystander), so instead he kicked back with LL Cool J and some CÎroc Red Berry vodka cocktails. The dejected Hills crew – which included Brody Jenner and Kristin Cavallari – headed to a nearby Maxim party instead.
• By DAVID CAPLAN, JENNIFER GARCIA, MAUREEN HARRINGTON and LINDA MARX