• Rihanna, browsing at a Kay Jewelers at upscale mall International Plaza in Tampa, Fla. with her dog, DJ, and a bodyguard in tow. Despite the bodyguard, the singer went unnoticed, a fellow shopper tells us – that is until her pooch (on a leash) started barking, giving her away. Rihanna is in the Sunshine State as her tour with Kanye West rolls on.
• Ashlee Simpson (dressed in black) and fiancé Pete Wentz, lunching at Paris’s Hotel Costes. Afterwards, the pair went shopping at Lanvin – coming out with three bags, including shoes for him – then continued their spree at Dior.
• It looked like a girls’ night out for Drew Barrymore and screenwriter Diablo Cody at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. Earlier in the night, the two (along with Ellen Page) caught roller-derby sensations the L.A. Derby Dolls. The trio drank Pilsner Urquells from the can, exchanged high-fives with fellow fans and cheered on the athletes. Chalk the evening up to some (fun) research: Barrymore is slated to direct Whip It! (starring Page), about a female roller derby league.
• A very tan Lance Bass, dining at Los Angeles hotspot One Sunset with a blonde woman and a group of male pals. The singer headed right to the back of the restaurant, taking a seat, a fellow diner says.
• Chris Noth and restaurateur Fabio Granato, throwing a dinner party at New York’s Brasserie Cognac. The occasion? A memorial dinner in honor of their friend’s dog – Sammy. Ever the gracious host, Mr. Big even stood up to share “Sammy stories,” a source tells us.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, MARK DAGOSTINO, PETER MIKELBANK, SHARI ORNSTEIN and ABBY STERN
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.