Caught in the Act!
Plus: Mandy Moore goes vintage shopping with her fiancé, Justin Timberlake and more
• Jessica Simpson, sharing a frozen hot chocolate with Tony Romo at New York’s famed Serendipity 3. Wearing a floor-length black dress, the singer carried some flowers and acted pretty “lovey-dovey” with Romo. After the sweet treat, Simpson met two girlfriends there and also signed autographs for fans in the restaurant. The next night, Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush dropped in – but kept a low-profile after realizing that cameras were filming a promotional event in the store. “They were walking around, hiding behind the menus because they thought the cameras were for them,” a source tells us.
• Newly engaged Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams, shopping at vintage store What Comes Around Goes Around in Los Angeles. Browsing separately, the pair would occasionally meet and whisper to each other, smiling. After getting tired of shopping, Adams took a seat on the couch while Moore continued her browsing. Also at the store: Eva Mendes, who focused on designer duds, and boyfriend George Augusto.
• Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman, eating a healthy lunch of vegetarian sushi and water at M Café in Los Angeles. Says an onlooker, “They were very cute together, chatting, smiling, cuddling and looking very happy.”
• Justin Timberlake, following up his William Rast show at Bryant Park with Jessica Biel – and having a nightcap at the Rose Bar inside New York’s Gramercy Park Hotel, alongside a gregarious Gerard Butler. Before his runway show, Timberlake chilled out in the deejay booth at the W Hotel, spinning his own music and eating POP burgers with his mom Lynn nearby.
• Also celebrating New York Fashion Week: Michelle Trachtenberg and Jessica Stam, rocking out as the Virgins performed for a star-studded crowd (including Kellie Pickler and Amanda Bynes) at the Mercedes-Benz bash at the Thompson Lower East Side. “They were talking about going to Brooklyn the next night to see them perform again,” a source says. “Trachtenberg was playing footsie with the lead singer – and he was [practically] serenading her!”
• Jon Stewart, browsing the paintings at the True Love Is Fleeting exhibition at the Leo Kesting gallery in downtown Manhattan. “Everything is beautiful,” the Daily Show host told us of the art.
• By KRISTIN BOEHM, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARISA LAUDADIO and LESLEY MESSER
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.