Caught in the Act!
Plus: Reese & Jake's cozy breakfast date, Orlando Bloom and more
• Kate Hudson, pulling up a seat at the bar inside Morton’s the Steakhouse in downtown Atlanta, where the actress watched beau Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees take on the Atlanta Braves. Arriving just in time for the seventh inning, Hudson ordered a chopped salad with bleu cheese dressing on the side and sat close to the television for the final two innings – the Yankees lost 4-0 – before returning back to her hotel.
• Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal, grabbing an omelette breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. “They were hanging out by themselves and doing a crossword puzzle,” a source says of the two, who wore matching blue shorts and gray tops. “No one really bothered them or came up for autographs.” But Gyllenhaal took the time to chat up their server, who hailed from Morocco. “He said he’d spent some time in Morocco shooting some movies,” the source says.
• Charlize Theron, dining at Michael Mina’s West Hollywood eatery XIV with her mom Gerda for the second time this month. The mother-daughter duo laughed through their meal and sipped a few glasses of wine, topping off their meal with a butterscotch dessert.
• Orlando Bloom, cuddling with Miranda Kerr at an Audi-hosted dinner celebrating the car’s environmentally friendly TDI line at a private residence in the Hollywood Hills. A guest calls the couple “adorable,” and tells us that Bloom went out of his way to thank the executives before leaving. Also there: Adrian Grenier, who snagged a handful of mini-cupcakes on his way out.
• Josh Duhamel bought a group of Marines a round of tequila shots during a brief stop at Whiskey Blue in the W Los Angeles-Westwood hotel before the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen premiere. For himself? Duhamel ordered an Absolut and Red Bull.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA and ARNESA A. HOWELL
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.