Caught in the Act!
Plus: Heath Ledger plays dutiful daddy in London
• Kate Moss, toting a bag from designer James Perse’s boutique while out and about in Malibu. The supermodel spent the day shopping before reportedly heading to a park with a friend.
• Mischa Barton, enjoying a girls’ night out with three pals at L.A.’s Hyde Lounge. The ladies had mixed drinks and “were chatting, having fun and pretty much just kept to themselves – not giving any men any attention,” an onlooker tells us. Also making the scene: Lindsay Lohan, who slipped into the deejay booth to scope out the crowd.
• Adam Brody, lunching with a male companion on the patio of Hollywood eatery Off Vine. The former O.C. star, dressed down in aviator sunglasses and a slim gray T-shirt, was “waving his hands excitedly, telling story after story,” says a fellow diner.
• Heath Ledger, playing dutiful dad as he struggled to get 17-month-old daughter Matilda’s stroller up the stairs at his London hotel. The duo is in town while Ledger’s ladylove Michelle Williams films her new movie Incendiary with costar Ewan McGregor.
• Jennifer Aniston, laughing over dinner with celebrity chef Jamie Oliver and his wife Jools at the Cut, the Wolfgang Puck-owned steakhouse in the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Simply chic in a short leather jacket and jeans, the actress sipped on red wine and nibbled on French fries. After their meal, the group went over to greet the executive chef and Puck himself.
• By MAUREEN HARRINGTON, MARY MARGARET and COURTNEY RUBIN