• Jennifer Lopez, modeling a red satin dress after picking it up at the Dolce & Gabbana boutique in Madrid. The singer arrived in the Spanish capital with husband Marc Anthony after vacationing with their twins in the Canary Islands.
• Where does a model go for some solace? Heidi Klum took refuge in the Tommy Hilfiger store on New York City’s Bleecker Street after being chased down by waiting paparazzi. But the excitement outside didn’t stop the Project Runway host from picking up some items – namely a pink and white dress – from the runway collection. Earlier, a shop-happy Klum brought her three children – Leni, 4, Henry, 2, and Johan, 19 months – into the Elizabeth Charles boutique where, a source tells us, she “tried on 20 things in 20 minutes,” leaving with some jeans and a sundress.
• Paris Hilton, avoiding an awkward encounter with Stavros Niarchos at TAO New York’s Swedish Midsummer Night Party. There with Benji Madden, the heiress barely looked at her ex. “There was certainly a lot of tension in the air,” a partygoer says.
• Natalie Portman, singing along to “Kemp,” while watching her friend Lukas Haas perform at Hollywood’s Hotel Café. After the show, Portman – who attended with indie rocker beau Devendra Banhart – congratulated the actor turned singer on his gig.
• Elisabeth Hasselbeck, seeking refuge from the sun in a VIP cabana at Las Vegas’s Venus Pool Club. There with View cohost Sherri Shepherd – the ladies are currently shooting their talk show in Sin City – the daytime TV star sipped on water and enjoyed the poolside amenities with her friends.
• Audrina Patridge, snapping up almost $3,000 of merchandise at DDCLAB, a Los Angeles boutique. It took the Hillsstar almost two hours to try on everything, but she fell in love with a polka-dot skirt, among other items. And Patridge kept her shopping tour going: She also stopped into Apothia at Fred Segal and left with a candle.
• Billy Baldwin, partying with the Dirty Sexy Money cast at SBE’s The Abbey in West Hollywood, where his costar Candis Cayne performed her weekly variety show. … James Gandolfini and his Sopranos castmates (including Michael Imperioli), raising money for the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund during a charityfolks.com event at Fiamma in New York.
• By ANDREA DESIMONE, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARK GRAY, TIFFANY HOPKINS, MELISSA LIEBLING-GOLDBERG, MARY MARGARET, KRISTEN MASCIA, LESLEY MESSER and ALYSSA SHELASKY
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.