Caught in the Act!
Fro-yo! Plus: Jessica Simpson goes for seconds in Philly, Cameron Diaz and more
• Eva Longoria, diving into a sweat treat – some frozen yogurt – after swinging by Cantaloop in Los Angeles. The Desperate Housewives star also made the rounds around town, hitting the gym and shopping for skincare products.
• Cameron Diaz, sharing dinner at Gemma, the eatery attached to New York’s Bowery Hotel, with three friends (including the restaurant’s owner). The actress dined on a cheese dish while taking a break from shooting What Happens in Vegas with Ashton Kutcher. Earlier that day, Orlando Bloom dropped by the popular restaurant.
• She’s working hard on Dancing with the Stars – so Jennie Garth is understandably working up an appetite. The Beverly Hills, 90210 alum stopped by Eight-18 in Toluca Lake, Calif., for a post-DWTS meal with hubby Peter Facinelli. With no time to change out of her costume, Garth dined on risotto, sea bass and salami crostinis during the quick meal.
• A “really hungry” Jessica Simpson, requesting the most private table at Philadelphia eatery Alma de Cuba. A source tells us that the singer thought the restaurant was “adorable” – and she ordered a calamari salad and verde empanada followed by vaca frita and chicken arepas. Simpson (and her dining companion) then ordered a second helping of vaca frita, a side of black beans and rice. Not that she wanted anyone to notice: A nearby table of 10 recognized her and requested a picture, but Simpson politely declined.
• Daniel Day-Lewis and director wife Rebecca Miller, visiting Turkey for the first time to host Vakko’s Grand Classics screening of If …, a classic film that inspired their careers. Also at the screening: Sir Ben Kingsley and his Brazilian actress wife, Daniela Barbosa de Carneiro, spending quality time together as newlyweds.
• It may have been their big New York premiere, but Jude Law and costar Michael Caine slipped out of the Sleuth screening, hitting up nearby Kobe Club for a dinner of steak and lobster. Director Kenneth Branagh and other VIPs (including Joan Collins) later met up with the stars where they all noshed on Kobe beef sliders, Kobe beef cheese steaks and truffled pizzas in a back area.
• By PAUL CHI, MARK DAGOSTINO, AARON PARSLEY and JEFFREY SLONIM