Caught in the Act!
Plus: Lauren Conrad & Audrina get friendly at Crown Bar, Chris Evans and more
• Jessica Simpson, hitting up her favorite New York City restaurant, Dos Caminos SoHo, for lunch with her mother and other business associates. According to a source, the party was “laughing and having a great time.” The group noshed on guacamole, blueberry pomegranate margaritas and a mahi plate. Later in the evening, Simpson linked up with her “mane man,” hairstylist and BFF Ken Paves for a late dinner at Da Silvano, where they ate al fresco with two other people. “It looked like they were having a heart to heart,” a fellow diner tells us of the pals.
• Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, ordering a round of drinks while out with friends at L.A. hot spot Crown Bar. The group appeared to be super-casual, and Richie wasn’t doing much dancing, an onlooker tells us. At one point, Madden went over to chat with Mark McGrath, then took off with Richie, calling it an early night.
• Other Crown Bar clubgoers were game for a late night, though: the ladies of The Hills – Lauren Conrad, Audrina Patridge and Lauren "Lo" Bosworth – shared a table with eight friends, including Patridge’s sometimes-beau Justin Bobby, who got touchy on the dance floor with his lady. According to a clubgoer, L.C. and Patridge looked to be working things out – and they spent the night holding hands and dancing together. Conrad buzzed around all night – and never sat down – enjoying the night out with her friends until the bar closed.
• Fantastic Four star Chris Evans, celebrating his 27th birthday with a celeb-filled bash at the Stone Rose inside Los Angeles’ Sofitel Hotel. The actor was a gracious host at his Lucid Absinthe-sponsored soiree, making the rounds in the VIP room and chatting as guests like costar Ioan Gruffudd and Amy Smart arrived. Evans looked handsome and rugged, a partygoer says, sporting that “haven’t shaved in a few” look, which he complemented with an equally dressed-down (but fashionable) baseball cap and jeans.
• Former American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis, dancing and flirting with all the attractive women at one of La Zarza’s parties in the New York spot’s downstairs lounge.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, LESLEY MESSER and STEPHANIE THORPE
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.