Caught in the Act!
Plus: Reese treats her kids to magazines, Kelly Clarkson and more
• Cameron Diaz, surprising walkers along the route at the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Los Angeles with some treats: The actress – and do-gooder – handed out drinks and popcorn on the front lawn of a suburban L.A. home. Diaz’s signature laugh could be heard as she congratulated and cheered on survivors who participated in the event, which raised more than $5 million.
• Reese Witherspoon, treating her children, Ava, 9, and Deacon, 4, to some magazines before a trip to the grocery store in Brentwood, Calif. The Oscar winner stopped by the newsstand – and both kids seemed excited about their reading material, an onlooker says. Their picks? Ava grabbed American Girl magazine and Deacon took Disney & Me. Next, the family dropped by Whole Foods Market, where the kids helped the actress pick up food – but also busily flipped through their mags.
• Kelly Clarkson, giving friend and fellow musician Cortney Tidwell a big hug following her show at Nashville’s Cannery Ballroom as part of the Next BIG Nashville Music Festival. Clarkson called the venue to be added to the guest list earlier that day and kept a low profile at the show. In fact, the first-ever American Idol champ arrived with two girls and wasn’t recognized by the crowd.
• Natalie Portman, enjoying a cocktail and Cobb salad with a friend at Kitchen 24, a new Hollywood restaurant. The actress sat at the bar before her table was ready and later met the chef, who came over to say hello.
• Ethan Hawke and Norah Jones, catching a set by New York City musician Jesse Harris at Banjo Jim’s, a dive bar in New York’s Alphabet City. Hawke arrived first, joining a table at the back of the bar where his friends were hanging out. “He was talking to the bartender a lot,” a source says. “He fit right in.” Meanwhile, Jones – who collaborated with Harris on her early albums – walked in shortly after the music began, and stood by the entrance, looking for a place to go inside the packed bar. Soon, she found her way to Hawke’s table and hung out with his crew.
• Ashley Olsen, eating a late supper – at 10 p.m. – at Freemans Restaurant in New York’s Lower East Side. The starlet arrived with a group of guys and wore black skinny jeans, a black jacket and lots of black eye makeup.
• By PERNILLA CEDENHEIM, JENNIFER GARCIA, EILEEN FINAN and SUSAN YARA
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.