Caught in the Act!
Plus: Sienna Miller eats a "first" supper, Diddy and more sightings
• Rachel Bilson, celebrating fashion at the launch party for C7P, a new line of denim by Chip and Pepper at the Sunset Tower Hotel. The former O.C. star arrived early – and by herself – but she soon caught up with the designers. Meanwhile, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy made a beeline for the VIP couch, where they also caught up with Chip and Pepper Foster. Other party guests included Shanna Moakler (in a yellow Bebe dress) and Jared Leto, who wore ’80s black high tops, skinny jeans, a black jacket and a black hat basically covering two-thirds of his face.
• A newly solo Diddy, scouting out his new pet project, Bad Boy recording artist Nelson, during a show at Times Square’s Spotlight Live. Arriving solo (with one bodyguard), the mogul kept things Business-like, sitting with Bad Boy vice president Harve Pierre and producer pal Derek “D Dot” Angeletti. The next night, the social mogul hit up Tenjune in New York, where he celebrated DJ Cassidy‘s birthday along with Russell Simmons, Kanye West, Sarah Michelle Gellar and other stars. Diddy rocked out to the music at the bash while West stuck to himself for the evening.
• Ugly Betty‘s Eric Mabius, reporting for jury duty in Van Nuys, Calif. With his hit ABC show continuing to tape its second season, Mabius requested to be released from service to go back to the set. Turns out it worked, and the actor was dismissed. (Not as lucky, though: another potential juror, who teased, “And me no speak-a English good,” which prompted a laugh from Mabius.)
• Sienna Miller, inaugurating Wakiya, a new Chinese restaurant inside New York’s Gramercy Park Hotel during the eatery’s first-ever dinner. The meal was thrown in honor of photographer Mario Testino, and Miller, dressed in a black dress adorned with silver flowers, had a prime seat next to the guest of honor, a source tells us. Also at the hotel that night: Eva Mendes.
• Morgan Freeman, toting some interesting reading material – Inside Inside by Inside the Actors Studio host James Lipton – while arriving for a late dinner at the Four Seasons in Hollywood. The veteran actor dined with a large group, enjoying his meal on the restaurant’s patio. Meanwhile, an hour after Freeman arrived, Shaquille O’Neal returned to his old stomping grounds, greeting onlookers as he strolled through the bar with a black duffel over his shoulder, a nod and his trademark smile.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, CARRIE BELL, HAIWEN LU, LESLEY MESSER and JEFFREY SLONIM