Caught in the Act!
Plus: Eva Mendes goes shopping with her beau, Jaime Pressly and more sightings
• Cameron Diaz, toting her oversized Chanel denim purse (which retails for $1395!) around the streets of New York City. The actress is reportedly in town working on her next film project, called What Happens in Vegas….
• Ellen DeGeneres and her girlfriend Portia de Rossi, visiting Ole Henriksen Face/Body in West Hollywood for some personal beauty treatments. While there, the talk-show host received a purifying facial, while de Rossi got a Swedish massage. Not one to shirk his own personal wellness (or beauty regimen), Kirk Douglas treated himself to a purifying facial on the same day.
• Jay-Z, scouting out his protégé Rihanna during a performance at the PEOPLE Music Lounge in New York City. The music mogul watched the “Umbrella” singer’s show from backstage.
• Keeping their romance low-key and casual, Eva Mendes and long-time boyfriend George Augusto spent an afternoon shopping at hot Los Angeles boutique Krisol. The pair tried things on, modeling for each other and walking from dressing room to dressing room. During the half-hour shopping trip, Mendes (clad in white linen pants and a short-sleeved button down) picked up a two shirts and a hat, while her producer beau out-shopped her, bagging shorts, two jackets and a sweater.
• Jaime Pressly, looking on as basketball star Magic Johnson celebrated his 48th birthday with an al fresco lunch at La Petit Four in West Hollywood. No, the My Name is Earl star wasn’t a birthday party guest, but she happily smiled as Johnson’s large party serenaded him with “Happy Birthday, Mr. J!” at the end of their two-hour midday meal. Pressly, meanwhile, lunched with some female friends. A few days earlier, the basketball star took over Beverly Hills restaurant Crustacean for a proper bash with 250 guests. And everybody stayed dancing and drinking until well after midnight.
• By MARY MARGARET, KRISTEN MASCIA and TIFFANY MCGEE