The Oscars' 10 Most Unforgettable Quotes
"Julia: hashtag suck it."
– , referencing an inside joke with fellow nominee , during her Best Actress acceptance speech
"I just want to put the rumors to rest: we are indeed dating."
"Our evening in Santa Barbara was great."
– Jared Leto and Nebraska’s June Squibb stirring rumors of a romance to on the red carpet
"You showed us something in that film that I have not seen for a very, very long time."
– Host , referencing Jonah Hill’s indecent exposure in The Wolf of Wall Street during her opening monologue
"When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid."
– 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o, in her acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress
"Someone’s gotta grab a boob if you want it to get re-Tweeted."
– , offering suggestions on how to ensure A-List selfie would “break Twitter,” as she hoped
"Baby, you look like 146 million domestic."
– Bill Murray, complimenting co-presenter with some not-so-sexy industry talk on stage
"To my father, who I know he’s up there right now with a big pot of gumbo. He’s got a lemon meringue pie over there, he’s probably in his underwear and he’s got a cold can of Miller Lite and he’s probably dancing right now. To you, Dad, you taught me what it means to be a man."
– , paying tribute to his late father James during his acceptance speech for Best Actor
"If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar."
– , teasing Best Supporting Actress nominee on her penchant for tripping at the Oscars
"Everyone deserves not just to survive, but to live. This is the most important legacy of Solomon Northup."
– Best Picture director Steve McQueen, quoting 12 Years a Slave’s protagonist in his acceptance speech
"Take a fondle who’s your favorite Oscar winner now?"
– Leto, passing around his Best Supporting Actor trophy (seriously!) in the press room