The Best Quotes from the Awards Show
"I’ve been told that I’ve graced PEOPLE from time to time It’s not like anything interesting has happened in my life in 2014."
– PEOPLE Magazine Awards host Nick Cannon, sarcastically alluding to his year of ups and downs, as he opens the show
"On The Wedding Ringer, we learned that no one can speak as eloquently about Kevin Hart as Kevin himself can on Instagram and Twitter."
"Check him out on #comedyatitsbest #comedicrockstar and at #imbackbitches."
"He’s the biggest comedic force on our planet, and quite possibly the biggest fan of Kevin Hart in this room."
– Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and Josh Gad , presenting Comedy Star of the Year to their The Wedding Ringer costar Kevin Hart
"I’m really excited because just told me she liked my outfit, so my night is complete."
– Nick Cannon, showing off his snazzy blue suit inside L.A.’s Beverly Hilton Hotel
"She loves pizza."
– Actor Ryan Guzman on what he was surprised to learn about The Boy Next Door costar , to PEOPLE
"When you do a scene with him, everything else disappears, and there s nothing but you and him and the characters you re playing. Time stands still."
– Presenter Elisabeth Moss, gushing over her Mad Men costar , who took home the night’s award for TV Performance of the Year: Actor
"Mostly I want to thank you all for welcoming me and all of us here at the first-class lounge at LAX. I have some flight updates: The 7:30 to SFO is on time, and the two redeyes to JFK have been delayed … also, the WiFi password is pomegranate. "
– TV Performance of the Year: Actor winner , joking about the show’s lounge atmosphere
"I’m so, so sorry to my 18-year-old brother poor David."
– Kate Upton, who should never apologize for her hotness (even if it embarrasses her little bro!), accepting PEOPLE’s Sexiest Woman
"She has it in every day, in every way. Gwen’s innate sense of style is a unique sense of style, an ultra-cool juxtaposition of classic Hollywood movie star glamour mixed with modern street influences."
– Presenter Pharrell Williams, waxing poetic on his The Voice co-mentor, Style Icon of the Year winner
"I’ve always loved fashion. I was a little girl and I was playing Barbies and then my mom was probably the main person making clothes for me my whole life, and then going thrift store shopping, and then making costumes for No Doubt. Who knew that I’d be standing here getting an award for doing something that I just love doing."
– Singer turned fashion mogul Gwen Stefani accepting the Style Icon of the Year award
"He even once asked a woman if she’d have a three-way with me and Michael Bublé – Michael would’ve finally been able to see me naked, but it was not to be."
– Presenter Josh Groban, recounting the ruthless quiz tactics of Billy on the Street host Billy Eichner, before presenting him with Breakout Star of the Year
"I’ve worked with Chris and I can tell you we had insane chemistry, just not the same kind of sexual chemistry he has with Mindy."
– , comparing his own connection with The Mindy Project’s Chris Messina, while presenting him and Mindy Kaling with the trophy for TV Couple of the Year
"Hey, is your hand on my butt?"
– Chris Messina going in for a steamy almost-kiss to prove his chemistry with his The Mindy Project costar (and on-screen girlfriend) Mindy Kaling, while accepting TV Couple of the Year
"It’s in a moment like this that I remember my mother, Joan Rivers, and smile."
– Melissa Rivers, presenting PEOPLE’s video tribute to the stars we lost in 2014
"I always get so nervous and emotional when these moments happen, it never gets old for me. I’m so grateful for my career and my life, and I always feel like it’s just the beginning. And it is."
– The multi-talented who is apparently just getting started as she accepts the year’s Triple Threat award
"Thanks a lot, I’m going to buy Jeff a shot of tequila right now, and I’m going to go home and kiss my dogs."
– Birdman’s Michael Keaton, revealing his after-party plans with presenter Jeff Bridges and his pups, while closing the night with the Movie Performance of the Year, Actor award