Sundance Style Recap, AKA How to Look Cute in Cold Weather
See how the stars are staying warm (and still dressing super chic) at Sundance!
As another big storm prepares to hit half the country (get the latest on Janus here), we’re busy jotting down style notes from the stars at Sundance. Most celebs aren’t hitting the carpet in Beyoncé-style minis in chilly Park City. But they still manage to show off their fashion sense. So we’ve created a quick list of style tips for looking cute in below-freezing temps.
1. The Furrier the Hat, the Better: Kate Hudson was raised in Snowmass, Colo., so it’s no surprise the actress has a wardrobe packed with cute cold-weather accessories, like this awesome fur hat and cozy print sweater by Line Knitwear. Bonus: She kept the festive topper on for her closeup in PEOPLE’s exclusive photo booth!
2. Long Coats are Your Best Friend: We love when a casual outfit like jeans and a T-shirt can get an instant makeover via a sleek topper. And that’s exactly what’s happening with Rachel McAdams look. We also love those shearling CH Carolina Herrera boots McAdams is wearing.
3. Scarves are the New Statement Necklace: Zoë Saldana paired her gray jeans and leopard sweater with a tri-color scarf at the Infinitely Polar Bear premiere. And she wrapped the scarf a bunch of times around her neck, creating a braided look.
4. High Socks + Boots = Warm Feet: We know Ireland Baldwin does minis really well, but she also knows how to cover up and still look cute. The main lesson her Sundance red carpet cameo taught us, let your socks show outside your combat boots.
5. Invest in a Thumb Hole Sweater: They’re very practical, and allow you to still show off your mani. Plus, if Shailene Woodley is wearing one, you know it’s edgy and fun. (She also doubles the warmth by adding Australia Luxe Collective shearling boots.)
How do you like to bundle up when it’s cold out? Which look is your favorite? Share your thoughts below!