Beauty Lovers, Get Excited: Pat McGrath Is Relaunching Max Factor
The limited-edition collection launched Aug. 1
Max Factor fans, rejoice: It’s baaaack! The heritage cosmetics brand has officially returned (for a limited time) with major backing by makeup legend Pat McGrath.
Max Factor, the beauty brand that pioneered many of the cosmetics world’s major products today, including pressed powder and foundation, closed up its U.S. shop in 2010 due to a lack of sales. But with guidance from McGrath, the company is looking to return to where it all started.
The collaboration, which comes shortly after the makeup legend launched her own eponymous brand, Pat McGrath Labs, makes sense considering she first signed on with the cosmetics brand as its global creative design director in 2004.
Now, though, McGrath’s role consisted of perfecting the brand’s limited-edition capsule collection, which features essential cat-eye tools (eyeliner and mascara), along with two creamy nude shades of lipstick.
RELATED VIDEO: 5 Ways to Transition Your Makeup From Day to Night
Should McGrath’s collab take off, we can probably expect a bigger collection to come down the pipeline — so we’re putting our requests in to the beauty powers that be now. Here’s what we’re hoping to see in stores again:
1. Lip Pomade: Created in 1928, the classic lip sheen gave actress’ lips a rich, glossy finish on the Hollywood movie sets where Factor got his start.
2. Pan-Cake Make-up: This powder eliminated shine and sweat on set, and is perfect for a finished look in the L.A. heat.
3. Tru-Color Lipstick: Back in 1940, this heavily pigmented stick passed the Kissing Machine test, which measured “how much pressure and kissing the lipstick could withstand and still remain on the lips.” Nowadays, we’d like to see if the ruby red shade lasts through breakfast, lunch and happy hour.
4. 2000 Calorie Mascara: Thanks to its curled wand, mega-volume lashes were instantly produced in just a few swipes.
5. Colour Effect Flipstick: This dual-ended lipstick was made for those too indecisive to choose just one lip color. Now, we’d love to stash this in our purse for a quick custom touchup!
Can’t wait to get your cat-eye on? You’re in luck: the four-piece collection is available now.
Are you excited for Max Factor’s limited-edition collection? Sound off in the comment section below!