Overheard on the Grammys Red Carpet
It s not just the day. Valentine s Day is every day.
– “Jealous” singer Nick Jonas, on spending the upcoming holiday with lucky, lucky, did we mention lucky, girlfriend Olivia Culpo
I hate boring fashion, so I wanted to do something 80s and fabulous.
– first-time nominee Charli XCX on her Moschino look
They were such a huge fan, and I was like, ‘Actually, I know Pharrell.’ And I started showing them pictures on the Internet and they were like, Wait a minute, was he your boyfriend?’
– , on her kids thinking she once dated her Voice costar Pharrell Williams
Know that life is a carousel. It goes in circles. But even though the horse goes up and down, don t get off. Just stay on for the ride, man.
– deep thoughts from early Grammy winner Pharrell Williams
I haven t read the book.
– performer Annie Lennox on 50 Shades of Grey (she has a song on the soundtrack)
We re Grammy virgins, and it s mental. We re sweating, cause we re British, and it s really hot We re just really excited.
– Dan Smith of best new artist nominees Bastille
Be very picky, and know what you deserve.
– “All About That Bass” singer Meghan Trainor, on the dating advice gave her
My Sundays lately have been quite thrilling.
– on going from performing at the Super Bowl last week to the Grammys
I love Katy. I love her breasts.
– Nicki Minaj to Ryan Seacrest, on pal Perry s best assets
What I won t be doing is, ‘Why did the chicken cross the road? I m here on weekends, enjoy the veal.’
– fourth-time Grammys host LL Cool J on what to expect from his show opener
We get along great. We re both Italian-Americans. We understand one another.
– Tony Bennett, on striking up an unlikely friendship with Cheek to Cheek collaborator
I was a little mouthy when I was 18.
– , recalling an old interview with Ryan Seacrest
I just get bored with things really easily, and try to find something that excites me.
– , on the red carpet with wife