Kendall Jenner and Victoria Beckham Are Among 2017's Most Popular Fashion Figures on Instagram
Kendall Jenner is having a banner 2017: Not only did Forbes name her the highest-paid model (knocking Gisele Bündchen off the top spot for the first time since 2002!), but now she can add another title to her résumé: most-followed model on Instagram. The social media platform unveiled its Year in Review*, and Jenner’s insane following placed her firmly in the top spot — by over 40 million. See how she stacks up compared to the rest of the top ten:
The Top 10 Most-Followed Models on Instagram
- Kendall Jenner (@kendalljenner) 83.7M+ followers
- Cara Delevingne (@caradelevingne) 40.7M+ followers
- Gigi Hadid (@gigihadid) 35.9M+ followers
- Emily Ratajkowski (@emrata) 15.1M+ followers
- Bella Hadid (@bellahadid) 15M+ followers
- Chrissy Teigen (@chrissyteigen) 14.6M+ followers
- Gisele Bündchen (@gisele) 13.3M+ followers
- Miranda Kerr (@mirandakerr) 11.5M+ followers
- Candice Swanepoel (@angelcandices) 11.3M+ followers
- Adriana Lima (@adrianalima) 11.2M+ followers
And that’s not the only nod Jenner receives in this year’s tally. She’s also the most “buzzed about” model, meaning she garnered the highest global number of mentions or tags in captions and comments, as well as the model who gained the most new followers in 2017, with 12 million joining the pack just this year.
And finally, she scored the most-liked model photo of the year, which earned over 4.5 million likes. (You may recall Jenner also had the most-liked photo on all of Instagram in 2015, a snap of her hair shaped into hearts, with a mere 3.5 million likes.) The glamour shot of Jenner wearing a gingham bikini, cropped tee and cat-eye was complemented by a simple caption: “🍕🍕🍕.”
However, as successful as Jenner is on Instagram, she’s not the biggest Kardashian-Jenner on the platform: sister Kim Kardashian earns that honor, with over 104 million fans following her every contoured move. (Kardashian is the fifth most-followed celebrity on all of Instagram; Jenner comes in at 10th.)
Jenner’s model BFFs — and fellow “Insta-girls” — Gigi and Bella Hadid also make multiple appearances on the list. Gigi’s 36 million followers make her the third most-followed model, plus she’s the second most buzzed-about. Gigi’s Insta Stories are also the fourth most-viewed, a list that sister Bella takes the no. 1 spot on (Alexis Ren and Emily Ratajkowski fill the second and third slots, respectively). Bella is also the fifth most-followed model, and third most buzzed-about.
When it comes to fashion creators, Instagram can’t get enough of Posh: In addition to being the fourth most-followed designer, Victoria Beckham also has the most Instagram Stories views of any designer, and the most-liked designer photo of the year, earning over 1.1 million hearts — thanks to an assist from husband David.
Here’s how VB compares to her fashion-world peers:
Top 10 most followed designers on Instagram
- Chanel (@chanelofficial) 25M followers.
- Louis Vuitton (@louisvuitton) 19.2M+ followers.
- Gucci (@gucci) 17.8M+ followers.
- Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham) 17.2M+ followers.
- Dior (@dior) 17.2M+ followers.
- Dolce and Gabbana (@dolcegabbana) 15M+ followers.
- Prada (@prada) 13.5M+ followers.
- Michael Kors (@michaelkors) 10.6M+ followers.
- Calvin Klein (@calvinklein) 10.2M+ followers.
- Versace (@versace_official) 10.2M+ followers.
*data reflects findings from January 1, 2017 through November 17, 2017.
Which fashion folks do you love following on Instagram? Let us know in the comments!