A Shopping Guide For Finding The Perfect Winter Hat
Tips and Tricks for Stress-Free Hat Shopping
Finding the perfect fit of anything can be complicated (and exhausting) but when it comes to finding the perfect winter hat it can nearly seem impossible. Which is why we’ve teamed up with the Design Director of Hat Attack, Cooper McManus, to help streamline the process and provide some tips on what to look for when shopping for one.
Tips for Shopping for Beanies:
- OVAL SHAPED FACE: Cooper recommends a shorter beanie worn cuffed.
- ROUND SHAPED FACE: Cooper recommends a longer beanie, worn slouchy in the back. Also a hat with a pom-pom works as well to elongate the face.
- SQUARE SHAPED FACE: Cooper recommends a tighter fit to bring in the shape and make it appear more narrow. We recommend a cashmere hat worn un-cuffed or the waffle knit beanie.
- HEART SHAPED FACE: Cooper recommends a beret or pom-pom hat.
Tips for Shopping for Brimmed Hats:
- OVAL FACE SHAPE: Cooper recommends a high crown to make the appearance of your face look longer. Avoid round crowns or wide crowns which accentuate roundness, like our Social Media Editor, Lindy Segal’s hat.