5 Ways to Be More Like Elle Macpherson (She's Everyone's Spirit Animal, Right?)
How Elle MacPherson still stuns at 50
Fact: Elle Macpherson is stunning. Fact: Elle Macpherson is 50 years old, and has two children — both under the age of 18. Fact: We do not have Elle Macpherson’s genes. However, at an event celebrating the launch of her supplement powder, The Super Elixir, on Net-A-Porter.com, the supermodel revealed a few of her beauty secrets. And since her nickname is “The Body,” we feel compelled to share her surprisingly easy steps.
1. She gets her ZZZs: When asked about her beauty regimen, Macpherson jokes, “God, it’s endless.” But the supermodel isn’t talking about having a 10-step, twice-daily routine. “It doesn’t matter how good I look, if I don’t feel good, it’s worthless to me,” she says, noting that she strives to get seven hours of sleep a night, then wakes up at 5:00 a.m. and takes 10 minutes to “reflect on the day. I think if I can be quite focused and open, I’m not gonna look stressed, I’m not gonna feel stressed.”
2. But then, it’s go time: “I have two espressos. My nutritionist tells me I’m not supposed to do that, but I do anyway! And I have some fruit.” After dropping off her son at school, a 90-minute round trip, she drinks her Super Elixir (two teaspoons mixed with cold coconut water). By 8:05 am, she’s at the beach. [Editor’s note: If you live in a warm climate near a beach, we fully support this step.]
3. Scheduling is key to everything, especially exercise: “I put aside between 8:15 and 9:15 and during that time, I can do any kind of body work I want. If I want to go for a run, I’ll do it then. If I want to schedule a yoga class, I’ll do it between that time. I think if you schedule it in, no reason not to do it, because there’s nothing else conflicting,” she says. As for her favorite workout? “I hike, I ski, I water-ski, I stared playing tennis. I started playing golf. I live opposite a golf course and what I’ve been told is that when you really want to be good at golf is when you’re 60 and I thought to myself, ‘I better start now so that by the time I’m 60 and wanting to play golf, I’m good at it!'”
4. Digest this: She drinks three liters of water a day. That’s nearly 102 ounces, or 12 cups — four more than the average model. “I have a filter and I have dark glass bottles and we have our names on them throughout the house. Everybody has two bottles beside their bed. That’s how we do it.”
5. Her moisturizing must-have is from her native Australia: “There’s this PaPaw cream, Lucas PaPaw, it’s so amazing,” she says, revealing, “I scrub, I’m a scrubber. I exfoliate, and moisturize, both hydrate from the inside and the outside. That’s really important for me.”
Which tips do you follow? Have you tried her Super Elixir? Let us know in the comments below!