"I am okay and was not injured," Bret Hart told fans on Instagram

By Karen Mizoguchi
April 08, 2019 06:15 PM

Two days after getting tackled to the ground by a fan during his Hall of Fame induction speech, Bret “The Hitman” Hart is assuring fans that he is doing fine.

“What a wild weekend to say the least!” Hart, 61, wrote on Instagram Monday, along with photo highlights from Wrestlemania weekend.

“First of all I want to thank WWE for not only the Hall of Fame honor for myself and Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart, but for their hospitality with my family and friends,” the WWE legend continued.

Hart and Neidhart were part of one of the best tag teams in wrestling history, the original Hart Foundation, which was being inducted into the Hall of Fame on Saturday. Hart was joined on stage at New York City’s Barclays Center alongside Natalya Neidhart, the daughter of his late brother-in-law and tag team partner.

Credit: MediaPunch/REX/Shutterstock

“Regarding the ceremony, firstly I want to let everyone know that I am okay and was not injured,” Hart continued on Instagram. “If there’s one thing I want everyone to take away from the Hall of Fame ceremony is not so much what happened, but how I wasn’t going to let anything stop me from completing my tribute to my best friend and our team.”

On Sunday, the day of Wrestlemania 35, the a five-time WWF World Heavyweight Champion and two-time WCW World Champion walked out with Natalya and WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix before the women took part in a Fatal 4-Way match.

“I’m also glad I got to join @natbynature and @thebethphoenix for their WrestleMania moment. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words,” Hart concluded his social media post.

Hart’s alleged attacker was identified as 26-year-old Zachary Madsen, who was immediately arrested and taken to the New York Police Department’s 78th precinct in Brooklyn, CBS News reported.

In the midst of Hart’s live televised speech, Madsen, who was wearing a rasta hat, stormed onto the ring and grabbed Hart around the waist. That’s when the live feed went black, but videos posted on Twitter show Madsen pulling Hart to the ground as multiple wrestlers and security jumped in to help.

Madsen was charged with two counts assault, one count of trespassing and a misdemeanor charge of violation of local law.

“I just felt like it was the right moment,” Madsen told police, prosecutors said in court on Sunday, according to CBS News.

Madsen’s lawyer said his client is “agreeable and cooperative” and has no criminal convictions, CBS News reports. Meanwhile, WWE described Madsen as “an over-exuberant fan.”

Madsen’s lawyer did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.