Gifts fit for a princess!
One of the most recent gifts comes from President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, who visited the palace last month. And while Prince George may have stolen the show as Charlotte slept, the little princess wasn’t far from their minds!
The President and First Lady left her a jigsaw puzzle and a soft toy version of their Portuguese Water dog, Bo – perhaps to go with the one that they gave Prince George when Charlotte was born. The presidential couple also gifted the little royal with a rocking chair and a baby blanket when she was born.
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are incredibly grateful for all the letters, gifts and good wishes they have been fortunate to receive in the year since Princess Charlotte was born,” the palace shared in a statement Monday.
Some other notable gifts include:
• A silver rattle from the President of Mexico, Enrique Pe a Nieto, and his wife, Se ora Ang lica Rivera, when they visited the U.K. for a state visit in March 2015.
• During his official state visit last October, President Xi Jinping gave Charlotte a set of silk figurines depicting the 19th century Chinese novel, Dream of the Red Chamber, Kensington Palace said.
• Prime Minister David Cameron gave Princess Charlotte a copy of Hans Christian Andersen’s Fairy Tales.
• The Prime Minister of Canada gave the princess a snowsuit, a book and made a $100,000 donation in her honor to Immunize Canada.
• The Australian government sent a cot blanket made from Tasmanian merino wool.
• The Prime Minister of New Zealand gave a selection of teddy bears, baby blankets and bootees, all made from Stansborough wool.
• Charlotte’s aunt Pippa Middleton gave her a set of biodegradable diapers made from natural mull cloth, costing around $6.
• Grandfather Prince Charles gave her a willow rattle woven by basketmaker Ciaran Hogan from Ireland.
• Among the most valuable gifts is an 18k white gold rattle studded with diamonds, rubies and sapphires that was gifted by the Natural Sapphire Company in the USA and valued at around $45,000.
Proud mom Princess Kate – who released beautiful photos of her daughter on the eve of her birthday – and dad William are celebrating Charlotte’s birthday at home at Anmer Hall Monday alongside big brother George and some of the family’s closest friends.