BEN STANSALL/AFP/Getty

With 50 days to go until the games begin in Orlando, Harry unveils plans for next year s big event

placeholder
By
March 16, 2016 09:35 AM

For Prince Harry, the games will go on! Next year s Paralympic-style Invictus Games is set to take place in Toronto, he announced on Wednesday.

Harry, who is set to bring the excitement and passion of the races between injured and wounded servicemen and women to Orlando, Florida, in May, proudly announced in a new video address that the “Invictus legacy will continue.”

The Toronto games will be in September 2017, three years to the month after his inaugural event in London.

Prince Harry at a rugby match between England and Wales, in London, on March 12, 2016.
BEN STANSALL/AFP/Getty

There are only 50 days to go until this year s games in Orlando and he is urging support for the 500 men and women from around the world who are making their final preparations for competition in what will be “an unbelievable few days.”

Want to keep up with the latest royals coverage? Click here to subscribe to the Royals Newsletter.

“There will be 500 unique stories of grit and determination on show, as each competitor takes to the track, pool or court,” he said.

“Everyone has given their all to make the team, to represent their nation again and to prove what they can achieve post injury.”

Paying tribute to the “soldiers and veterans who have served their country so bravely” he revealed next year’s contest will involve more countries, and more competitors taking part than ever before.

Harry, who earlier this year joined the British hopefuls trying out for the games, will officially launch the Toronto games before heading to Orlando, which he says is “shaping up to be an incredible event that will change lives.”

Tickets are on sale for the event that kicks off on May 8.

Before Orlando, Harry heads to Nepal this weekend for his first official tour of the year.

You May Like

EDIT POST