All About Princess Kate's Elegant (and Easy to Get!) Half Updo
Kate's perfectly styled half updo is easier to achieve than it looks!
While she stunned in a $350 blue and white poppy-patterned dress on Wednesday, she opted for a $425 scarlet summer dress on day two of the royal couple’s return to their official duties following their summer vacation.
The royal paired the red dress, which featured cap sleeves and a flared skirt, with nude heels by Gianvito Rossi and the same classic $325 clutch she wore Wednesday.
• Want to keep up with the latest royals coverage? Click here to subscribe to the Royals Newsletter.
But all eyes were on the royal’s locks as she and Prince William toured the charity, which supports the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
The royal’s elegant half-do takes less than 10 minutes to complete, according to Latest-Haristyles.com – and can be mastered in 6 easy steps.
1. Start with mostly smooth hair, leaving soft curls at the ends (Kate’s signature look!).
2. Tease a section of your hair at the crown and back of the head (leave out the front), creating a mini bouffant. Secure the bouffant with two horizontal bobby pins.
3. Starting on one side, take the front section of hair that you left out of the bouffant and pull it back and across to the back of the head, just under the bouffant. Twist lightly as you go and secure with a bobby pin on the far side of the bouffant.
4. Repeat step 3 with the other side of the front section of hair and secure on the opposite side of the bouffant with another bobby pin.
5. Return to the side you started with, take another section of hair from under the first section and pull over and across, again, lightly twisting as you go. Secure with a bobby pin on the fair side of the bouffant.
6. Repeat step 5 with the other side.
Princess Kate’s Hairdresser Richard Ward Remembers the Hair Gig of the Century
Add a little more curl to the bottom of your locks, lock in with hairspray and you’re ready to go!