Kate Middleton Twirls Hair, Internet Explodes
Kate Middleton was photographed twirling her hair at a Remembrance Day memorial, and the Internet had a love/hate reaction
Remembrance Day is observed in Britain on the Sunday closest to Armistice Day. Traditionally, the royal family lays a wreath, there’s a moment of silence, and a parade takes place. This Remembrance Sunday, however, Kate Middleton happened to twirl her hair while at a ceremony in London, and it was a big deal.
According to the Internet, there are are but two angles regarding this story/photo op:
1. Outrage that Middleton should be photographed absentmindedly smiling and twirling her hair at such an ostensibly sober event; or…
2. OH MY GOSH ISN’T SHE THE CUTEST THING EVER.
If you subscribe to the first point of view, here are a few more unsavory things to which one might compare the audacity of Kate Middleton twirling her hair at a public memorial:
1. Holding a piece of candy just out of reach of a small child.
2. Tickling someone who really hates to be tickled.
3. Drivers turning without using their turn signals.
4. Getting out of bed and putting your feet on a hardwood floor in the middle of winter.
5. A dine-and-dash at Denny’s.
If you subscribe to the second point of view, here are a few other things that are nearly as adorable as Kate Middleton sort-of grinning to herself while twirling one of her chestnut ringlets:
And Vanity Fair was kind enough to animate the Great Kate Middleton Hair Twirl, just because. Enjoy your outrage and/or satisfaction.