Best Actress winner Reese Witherspoon had people rooting for her around the nation, but in Hockessin, Del., it was personal. There, the Walk the Line star had a cheering section of 40 at an Oscars party thrown at husband Ryan Phillippe’s family home.
“We tried to find a miniature Oscar, but they were all sold out in the stores and on the Internet,” Phillippe’s younger sister Katelyn, who hosted the soiree, told us. And the Phillippe clan had another reason to be proud: Ryan was in the ensemble cast of Crash, which won Best Picture. “He’s got a huge little fan club with his four nieces, three sisters, parents, grandmother and cousins,” says Katelyn.
Ryan’s Red-Carpet Rituals
Like any good host, Ryan Seacrest made sure he was rested and looking his best for Oscars night. The evening before, the E! anchor got his requisite six-and-a-half hours of snooze time. “I haven’t had eight hours of sleep in years,” he told us. Seacrest also got a manicure and pedicure at the spa at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills. “It’s one of my favorite spas in town,” he says.
He also indulged in sushi from hip L.A. eatery Sushi Roku, which he always likes to order before American Idol tapings. “It’s light and I just crave it,” he says. His finishing touch? Something the TV host swears keeps him healthy and alert: adding drops of the English vitamin supplement Berocca to his water. “It works for me.”
Caught in the Act
• Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck, partying at publicist Nicole King’s engagement party at the GM Penthouse at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel. “They seemed really in love,” says a source. “Ben looks amazing – you can tell he’s been working out really hard. And it looks like she has taken off a bit of the baby weight, too.” Also on hand: Marcia Cross and Jessica Biel.
• Mischa Barton (right) and Kelly Osbourne, both buying the same pair of Blue Cult Elite jeans on the same day at the Scout LA boutique in L.A.
• Kirsten Dunst, checking out a jazz show at Amanda Scheer-Demme’s Teddy’s club at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Prince, Quentin Tarantino and Tom Ford also grooved to Eric Eisner’s duo.
• Chris Rock, spending time with wife Malaak and daughters Lola and Zahra at the Coldwater Canyon Park in Beverly Hills. The comedian played with his daughters in the sand and watched them frolic on the slide.
• By RITA K. FARRELL, CARRIE BORZILLO-VRENNA, MARISA LAUDADIO and JULIE JORDAN