When you want the goods on Paris Hilton, who better to talk to than her mom? We did just that at a party at Kathy and Rick Hilton’s Bel Air estate (where Paris and Nicky’s parents were hosting a champagne party for their friend Bettina Zilkha and her book Ultimate Style: The Best of the Best Dressed List). According to Mom, Paris is not romancing Australian tennis star Mark Philippoussis. “They are just friends,” she told us. “Although she does think he is handsome.” As for fellow tennis star Andy Roddick, who was photographed kissing Paris at Las Vegas hotspot Light over the weekend: “I don’t know anything about that,” Kathy Hilton said, adding that a lot of people walk into photos just to be seen with her daughter – even to the point of stealing a kiss. “I don’t let anyone take photos of me for this reason,” she said. “You don’t know where that photograph is going to wind up.” So true. Among the guests at the Hiltons’ swank soiree: designer Tracey Ross, Kimberly Stewart, Bruce Jenner, actress Susan Blakely and Star Diet diva Nikki Haskell.
Clothes Make the (Wo)man
How authentic is the new Ray Charles biopic Ray (opening Friday)? “A lot of the clothes are actually from the Warner Bros. wardrobe houses,” actress Regina King (who plays Charles’s backup singer, and mistress, Margie Hendricks) told us at the movie’s recent L.A. premiere. “When you put on the lipstick, and the wig, and the big honkin’ mama earrings, and turned around and looked in the mirror, we were Raelettes.” As for how she researched her role as the volatile singer who bore Charles a child, King said: “I paid attention to the music over and over. I had to let Margie’s voice guide me, because there wasn’t a lot of information on her.”
Caught in the Act
• Leonardo DiCaprio and Lukas Haas, touring the Monet exhibition at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Afterward, Leo bought two art history books in the gallery’s gift store.
• Heidi Klum and Seal, hanging out at the Borgata Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, where the singer played two sold-out shows.
• A smoking Vince Vaughn, coming out of Hollywood eatery Cafe 101 with two male friends.
• Kate Winslet, Dustin Hoffman, Tony Danza, Glenn Close and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, at the Finding Neverland premiere in Brooklyn.
• By FRANK SWERTLOW, MARISA LAUDADIO, KIMBERLY LANSING, SANDY POSNAK, NICK WHITE and LISA INGRASSIA