Hilary Duff has been working up a sweat on her U.S. summer tour and it shows in her svelte physique. But that’s not the only reason she’s looking so trim. “I’ve made myself be really good for the last couple of months,” she says of her healthier diet. “I used to be obsessed with French fries. Like I’m the biggest French fry person in the world. I could eat French fries all day.”
Duff hasn’t only changed what she eats – she’s also altered how she eats. “I’ve been eating a little bit all throughout the day and I saw such a big difference so fast! Now I’m like, ‘Yes, this is awesome!’ And I’m still full all the time.” But Duff says she’ll never become a waif. “I think it’s feminine to not be so skinny. I like to look normal and I think it’s also important for girls who look up to me to see that.”
Despite rumors to the contrary, The Bachelor star Charlie O’Connell is still going strong with his sweetheart from the show, labor-and- delivery nurse Sarah Brice. “We’ve gotten so close and I feel like we’ve been dating for a lot longer than we have been,” says Brice, who recently moved to Los Angeles and is living with Charlie until she finds a place of her own. “We think the world of each other and our feelings are so mutual. We have a great working relationship.” A sign of his devotion: He’ll reluctantly take Brice’s Cavalier King Charles pup Lucy for a walk, even when she’s dressed in a pink-and-white gingham frock.
And before moving to L.A., Brice spent a month with Charlie’s family at their home in Montauk, N.Y. “I am so thankful for that time we had together. They are so wonderful,” she says. Meanwhile, Charlie isn’t the only O’Connell who’s happy in love. Brother Jerry and girlfriend Rebecca Romijn, who’ve been together almost a year, recently dropped by the Lakeside restaurant in Montauk, where they dined on lobster rolls and shared a romantic moment watching the sun set on the eatery’s deck.
Caught in the Act
• Ryan Phillippe, sipping cocktails with his Flags of Our Fathers costars Jesse Bradford and Adam Beach at the swanky IndeBleu restaurant in the Penn Quarter neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The actors, who are shooting the World War II drama there, were dressed casually in jeans, T-shirts and “cool caps,” according to a source.
• Black Eyed Peas members Fergie, Will.i.am and Apl.de.ap, celebrating bandmate Taboo’s birthday at Hollywood club Concorde.
• Usher, hanging out at Jay-Z’s New York City sports lounge 40/40, where he relaxed in the VIP section.
• Dancing with the Stars’s Rachel Hunter, checking out rockers VHS or Beta at the grand-opening party for new Hollywood club Vanguard.
• By JENNY SUNDEL, KC BAKER and CYNTHIA WANG, JESSICA VOELKER, TIFFANY MCGEE and MARISA LAUDADIO